Masters, Computer Science,
University of Waterloo, Canada
2018 - Present
- Worked with various clients on multiple web and mobile projects using agile methodologies (Extreme programming) during the entire software development cycle including TDD, pair-programming.
- Worked on developing and testing backend API integrations for retrieving and booking gas and parking orders for given search parameters using NodeJS, AWS tools (Lambda functions, Kinesis, DynamoDb).
- Worked on an Android media player app for listening to live radio stations and podcasts with more than 2 million daily active users.
2016 - Present
- Delivered new features for both the TradeRev and Adesa Upstream Android apps which is used by thousands of users on a daily basis.
- Used both Java and Kotlin with the best software development practices to implement new features and fix bugs.
- Worked with the product, design and QA teams to refine requirements and prototypes according to the product roadmap.
- Responsible for reviewing production issues, training and mentoring junior Android developers.
Graduate Research Assistant
2015 - 2016
- I worked as a graduate research assistant under the supervision of Prof. Urs Hengartner on designing new lock schemes for re-authenticating Android users.
Sep, 2013 - June, 2014
- I worked on developing web-applications for use within the organization.
- I was also involved in maintaining organization’s network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, preventing any unauthorized access to the network by defining access privileges, conducting security analysis of a few third-party applications being used in the organization.
- Conducted a research study to understand and address the concerns of web users in India towards online advertising.
- The user perception of on-line ads was investigated through a user study which was then followed by developing a selective ad-blocking browser plugin.
Java, Kotlin, NodeJS
AWS tools (Lambda functions, Kinesis, CloudWatch), Android, Espresso, RxJava, Spring Boot, GraphQL, Rest API, Matlab, Postman, JIRA
DynamoDb, SQL, SQLite, Realm, Room
“Evaluating re-authentication strategies for smartphones”, SOUPS 2016
Lalit Agarwal, Hassan Khan, Urs Hengartner, University of Waterloo, Canada
“Re-Examining User Concerns for Online Tracking and Advertising”, SOUPS 2013
Lalit Agarwal, Nisheeth Shrivastava, Sharad Jaiswal, Saurabh Panjwani, Bell Labs Research, Bangalore, India
Master of Mathematics in Computer Science
2014 - 2016
Relevant Coursework- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, Advance Topics in HCI: Human in the Loop Systems, Cryptography/Network Security, Advanced Topics in Software Engineering: Empirical Software Evolution, Cloud Computing and Software-Defined Networking.
Bachelor of Technology in Information and Communication Technology
2009 - 2013
Relevant Coursework- Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating System, Introduction to Algorithms, Digital Signal Processing, Operating Systems, Introduction to Cryptography, Sensor Network Systems, Introduction to Graph theory, System and Network Security, Security Protocols, Network Protocols.